Juventus chief confirms Liverpool interest in midfielder but rules out move

first_img1 Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed the club rejected an offer from Liverpool for Claudio Marchisio.The 29-year-old midfielder, who has played for the Turin club for his entire career, has been linked with a move to Anfield to work under new Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.Marotta has now conceded that he has received an approach from the Premier League side, as well other clubs across Europe, for the Italy international.But he insists the Bianconeri have no desire to sell Marchisio, who only signed a new five-year contract in July.“We get so many offers for our players, but we are used to buying – not selling,” Marotta told Premium Sport shortly before Juve’s 0-0 Serie A draw at Inter Milan on Sunday evening.“We have renewed with him, our focus is strong and I think Claudio’s first thought is to finish his career here. Not only Liverpool, we have received several offers.” Claudio Marchisio last_img read more

Read More →

Man United team to play CSKA Moscow today – starting XI to secure three vital points

first_img 16. Michael Carrick 4. Phil Jones 10 21. Ander Herrera 10 10 10 9. Anthony Martial 10. Wayne Rooney 10 1. David De Gea – take a look at the full line up, in squad number order, by clicking the arrow above! And let us know what you think of our predicted team by leaving a comment below 5. Marcos Rojo 10 10 10 10 Manchester United travel to CSKA Moscow for a tough Champions League match tonight, which you can listen to live on talkSPORT (click here to find out how to listen).The Red Devils are fresh from an impressive 3-0 win at Everton in the Premier League, and won their last European outing at home to Wolfsburg.But having lost their first match in Group B, at PSV Eindhoven, United can ill afford to slip up in Russia.How will Louis van Gaal line up his side? Take a look at our probable XI, above, and share your thoughts on which team you think United should field at Moscow, by leaving a comment below. 8. Juan Mata 10 12. Chris Smalling 28. Mrgan Schneiderlinlast_img read more

Read More →

‘Could be Man United’s Cantona moment’ – reaction to huge link

first_img1 Man United fans react to reports the club met with Pep Guardiola Pep Guardiola reportedly met with Manchester United officials in Paris last week to discuss becoming their new manager and the club’s fans are desperate to see it happen.The Red Devils currently sit fifth in the Premier League under current boss Louis van Gaal, and their recent run of eight winless games prompted widespread talk of an imminent departure for the Dutchman.Guardiola confirmed he is leaving German champions Bayern Munich this summer and wants to manage in England next – with Manchester City and Chelsea reportedly keen.However, reports in France suggest United may have stolen a march on their rivals in the race for Pep and, as you can see below, fans have welcomed the news.last_img

Read More →

Slaven Bilic: West Ham are ‘glad’ to have star man after sparkling display in Man City draw

first_imgWest Ham manager Slaven Bilic was left purring again about Dimitri Payet’s performance against Manchester City, admitting the Hammers are ‘glad’ to have the Frenchman.The 28-year-old was instrumental as the east Londoners maintained their top-four push in the 2-2 draw with the Premier League title challengers, with Enner Valencia and Sergio Aguero grabbing a brace apiece.Payet, a £12m summer signing from Marseille, has lit up the top flight since his arrival, and Bilic believes the playmaker brings out the best in his team-mates.“It is very hard to play like he did today on a weekly basis but he’s played like that since the beginning of the season,” Bilic said.“He is a great player. To be fair we see that day in day out in training – we are so glad we have him.“When he is on the pitch, it’s not that he is great and confident, but he makes all the other players better.“The boys recognise that he is our key player and they are willing to do the dirty work around him.“We missed him so much when he got injured [against Everton].”last_img read more

Read More →

WATCH: Man United legend Ryan Giggs’ classic FA Cup goal against Arsenal

first_imgIt was on this day 25 years ago that Ryan Giggs made his Manchester United debut.The Welshman went on to enjoy many incredible moments in a United shirt before hanging up his boots in 2014, but his career will always be defined by that stunning FA Cup strike against Arsenal in the semi-finals of the 1999 competition.Relive the amazing goal – and the even better celebrations – in the video above.last_img

Read More →

Hollywood’s `mayor’ embarks on last tour

first_imgTODAY Hollywood’s honorary mayor, Johnny Grant, ships out for his 60th and final tour of duty to bring levity and entertainment to U.S. troops overseas. Grant signed up with the USO more than 65 years ago when, as a GI, he met Bob Hope and joined the late comedian’s effort to make life better for those defending the country abroad. Grant’s previous tour destinations include Korea, Vietnam, Beirut, the Persian Gulf and the Balkans. This time, he’s headed to Cuba to see American troops at Guantanamo Bay. As usual, he’s traveling with an all-star cast, and as usual he’ll be greatly appreciated by the troops he visits. But when he returns, Grant, 84, will go into a well-deserved retirement. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsHe will be missed, but neither the troops he’s cheered nor the country’s he’s served will ever forget his good will and generosity.last_img read more

Read More →

INSENSITIVE TO CLOSE LOCAL POST OFFICE WEEKS AFTER POSTMASTER’S DEATH – TD

first_imgCharlie McConalogue TDDeputy Charlie McConalogue has labelled An Post’s move to close Greencastle Post Office just weeks after the former postmaster’s death as “insensitive”.The family of former Postmaster Cyril Gormley received a letter from An Post notifying them the post office could be closed down, just five weeks after his death in August. The post office has been in the Gormley family for almost 100 years.Deputy McConalogue said that this was an insensitive move and questions must be answered as to how this decision was made. Every effort must be made to save the post office from closure, he said.“Closing this post office, which is an integral part of life in the area, would be a major blow to the community at a time when they can least afford it. It would amount to yet another attack on rural services in a county that has seen more than its fair share of cuts recently,” says McConalogue.An Post will meet with a delegation from the community to hear their views. Interested parties are invited to submit their views on the matter no later than 27th September 2013.Letters can be addressed to Peter Gillespie, Retail Operations Manager, An Post, Wine Street, Co. Sligo. Alternatively, emails can be sent to peter.gillespie@anpost.ie.   INSENSITIVE TO CLOSE LOCAL POST OFFICE WEEKS AFTER POSTMASTER’S DEATH – TD was last modified: September 17th, 2013 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Charlie McConalogueGreencastlepost officelast_img read more

Read More →

DONEGAL PUBLIC WARNED OVER eFIBRE BROADBAND SCAM

first_imgPeople across Donegal are being targeted in a hoax broadband scam aimed at installing a virus on their computers.Hackers are pretending to be from Eircom and installing Fibre broadband.Hundreds of people have already received hoax calls pretending to be from Eircom seeking to upgrade them to the speedy eFibre network.The calls are being made from Asia and claim they have received contact about slow internet connection. People are then asked to go onto the Eircom website and into the eFibre section.Unsuspecting members of the public are then being asked to give the callers their email address so the ‘Eircom employee’ can send them a link to upgrade to eFibre.One man who received the call yesterday said people should be aware of the scam.He said he suspected the idea behind getting the emails was to install the malware virus onto computers. The man, who contacted Donegal Daily to warn there computer users, revealed “It was a very bad line and they’re weren’t the most convincing, especially as they were obviously from Asia, but it could catch some people out.“I spoke to one person who told me there had been complaints that the internet was slow and this was because people hadn’t upgraded to eFibre.“She then transferred me to a “supervisor” who told me to go to the eircom website (the real one) and then click on broadband at the top. Once the page opened, he asked if I saw the stuff about eFibre.“Then he said if I gave him my email address he would send me a link to download the eFibre. At that point I told him I wasn’t interested and hung up.”DONEGAL PUBLIC WARNED OVER eFIBRE BROADBAND SCAM was last modified: September 9th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:broadbanddonegaleFibrehackersscamlast_img read more

Read More →

Tottenham transfer BLOW as Juventus agree £20m deal for striker target

first_img1 Domenico Berardi in action for Sassuolo Juventus have beaten Tottenham to the signing of Sassuolo star Domenico Berardi, according to reports in Italy.The striker has been on Spurs’ radar since January as Mauricio Pochettino looks to provide competition for Harry Kane.Tottenham were ready to make a move for Berardi this summer after being impressed by his performances this season.However, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus have won the race to sign the 21-year-old.The Italian champions used to co-own Berardi, but sold full registration of the player to Sassuolo last summer.However, within in that deal was the chance for Juve to buy the Italian back at the end of this season for £20m and they have now reportedly taken up that option.last_img

Read More →

Everton transfer news: Juventus name their price for Toffees target Neto

first_img Neto made just eight appearances for Juventus last season Juventus have told Everton it will cost them £8m to sign Neto.The goalkeeper made just eight appearances for the Italian champions last season and desperately wants to leave Turin.Besiktas have been after the Brazilian since January, while Everton have also been keeping tabs on the player.But, according to Calicomercato, Juventus have told any interested clubs that they will not sell Neto for less than £8m.The 26-year-old only moved to Turin on a free last summer after his contract with Fiorentina expired.However, the fact he has three years to run on his current deal means that Juventus won’t sell for anything under £8m. 1last_img

Read More →